Anderson, Indiana

Payments & Refunds

Fri, 2012-04-27 00:03 -- batch_migrate

Managing your Student Account

A Statement of Account is mailed monthly to your home addresses beginning in July. It will reflect any carry forward balance, new charges and credits, anticipated financial aid, and any amount budgeted under a TMS payment plan (see Payment Arrangements/Plans/Options below).

Once enrolled, students will also be able to view online all account transactions through their AccessAU account.

The Office of Student Financial Services can provide account balances and a complete listing of transactions on request.

Questions regarding your Statement of Account should be addressed to the Office of Student Financial Services.

Estimating How Much You Will Owe

You can determine how much you will owe prior to receiving the first bill in July by completing our Payment Planning Worksheet worksheet offered in PDF format.

Payment Arrangements: Plans and Options

Payment Plans
Payment arrangements must be made prior to the beginning of each semester. Choose from one or more of the following three options:

  • Option 1 - Payment in Full
    In July, the Office of Student Financial Services will issue the first student billing for Semester I. It will show the amount due after subtracting financial aid from tuition, room, board, and other charges. To estimate this amount, please refer to Estimating How Much I Will Owe above. This amount will be due July 25.

  • Option 2 - Enroll in a Payment Plan
    Anderson University, through its partnership with Tuition Management Systems (TMS), offers several interest free payment plans. For additional information or to enroll, please visit Tuition Management Systems online at or call toll free 1-800-722-4867. TMS will bill you monthly and forward your payment to Anderson University.

  • Option 3 - Additional Financing
    You may choose to finance some, or all, of the amount due Anderson University over a longer period of time, especially if the amount due under Option 1 or 2 is more than you have budgeted. We would recommend parents consider the Federal Direct PLUS Loan and students consider a Private Educational Loan. See Student Loan Processing for additional information and to apply.

Payment Options
Anderson University offers the following payment options.

  • Check payments
    Use the pre-addressed payment envelope included with your monthly Statement of Account or mail to: Lock Box D, P.O. Box 11588, Fort Wayne, Ind., 46859-1588. Payments can made Monday thru Friday, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at our Cashier located in the lower level of Decker Hall or by using the overnight drop box beneath the cashier's window.

  • Credit Card Payments
    Make a payment of any amount online using a MasterCard, VISA, Discover, or American Express credit card. Please note that a convenience fee of typically between 2% and 3.5% of the amount charged will be added to each transaction. Credit card payments will be reflected on your student account within a week to ten days.

    To make a credit card payment of any amount online, visit Tuition Management Systems, select Make a Payment and then select Make a One-Time Payment.

  • Electronic Payments
    Make an electronic payment of any amount from your checking or savings. There is no charge for this service. Visit Tuition Management Systems, select Make a Payment and then select Make a One-Time Payment.

  • International Payments
    peerTransferAnderson University has partnered with peerTransfer to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students. peerTransfer offers excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, compared to traditional banks. You will be able to track the progress of your payment throughout the transfer process via a student dashboard and you will also be notified via email when your payment is received by Anderson University.

Change of Address

Current students should notify the Office of the Registrar of a change of address. Please indicate if this is also a change of address for your parents.

New students should notify the Office of Admissions.

If you do not wish your Statement of Account to be mailed to your home address (i.e. Campus Mail or to an alternate address), contact the Office of Student Financial Services.

Obtaining Refunds: Excess Aid and Overpayments

Students may receive more financial aid than what is due Anderson University. This often occurs for students who are living off campus and do not incur a room and board charge. Occasionally an overpayment will occur and will need to be returned to you.

Anderson University partners with Higher One, a financial services company focused solely on higher education, to issue refunds to all A.U. students. All students are issued an Easy Refund card and may activate their card to facilitate any refunds that they may receive. Information regarding Higher One and the Anderson Easy Refund Program may be found at