Archives of the Church of God (Anderson, Indiana)
This archives preserves official records and personal papers related to the history of the Church of God Reformation Movement. Notable collections include the early journals of D. S. Warner (1872 1880), the papers of Barney E. Warren, early Church of God hymn writer; F. G. Smith, Gospel Trumpet editor, 1916-1930; and early records of the Gospel Trumpet Company. There are collections of congregational and regional histories. The collection also includes books written by Church of God authors, books published by Gospel Trumpet Company/Warner Press, and Church of God, pamphlets, Christian education curriculum, and national and regional periodicals. Major collections are described within the Nicholson Library online catalog. Other collections are indexed within microcomputer databases. Because the Church of God is congregational in nature, there are very few records of genealogical interest.
Anderson University Archives
The university archives are a specialized component of the Archives of the Church of God, with an emphasis on official records of Anderson University from its 1917 inception as Anderson Bible Training School. The collections include the papers of presidents John A. Morrison and Robert H. Reardon, and of dean Russell Olt. Other collections of note are clipping scrapbooks (1929-1992) and photographic proofs and negatives (1959-1976).
Charles E. Wilson Archives
Wilson lived in Anderson from 1921 to 1928, during his service as an executive of Delco-Remy Corporation, a division of General Motors Corporation. He became President of General Motors Corporation in 1941, and was nominated by President Dwight David Eisenhower to serve as Secretary of Defense, a position he occupied from 1952 to 1957. The collection includes personal correspondence, bound volumes of Wilson's speeches, and scrapbooks of clippings.