PACT was founded by an endowment established in 1997 through the vision of Maurice and Dondeena Caldwell. The endowment recently reached $900 thousand of its $1 million goal, making it the fastest-growing endowment at AU.
- Peace and Conflict Transformation minor, which is designed as an interdisciplinary engagement with the broad array of issues involved in peace and conflict transformation.
- Hosting author Elizabeth Royte as PACT Convocation speaker on April 17. Visit CreativeWell for more information.
- PACT Coffeehouse on March 18 in Mocha Joe's with live music. Students involved in PACT will share their their experiences at conferences and events.
- PACT-sponsored student attendance at Green Festival in Chicago, May 17-18.
- Student Peace Initiative (SPI), a student activism group which exists to promote peace through proper reflection and action.
PACT has also sponsored numerous events and organizations in its 10-year history including:
- The planting of the Peace Tree in the valley in October 2006.
- Hosting discussions sessions such as an interfaith dialogue.
- Bringing Jim Wallis, Colman McCarthy, Sister Helen Prejean and other prominent speakers to campus.
- Sponsoring students to attend conferences, rallies and other events.